Rare opportunity to join a fast paced rapidly developing business which seeks an equally dynamic and experienced Senior Electrical Estimator, who working closely with the Directors will help to lead the business in a time of accelerated and sustained growth. We are therefore looking for someone who is bright, enthusiastic, and eager to develop themselves further.
You will be joining a team of highly committed professionals, and as such the nature of this role requires a special individual who will embrace our ethos and strengthen our team. Our culture communicates optimal performance, integrity, teamwork, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
The business therefore demands a special individual seeking a long-term career, not just a job.
This is a key senior position, and the suitable candidate will have a strong financial pedigree within a wider set of commercial skills and will be suitably experienced in this type of role.
We are therefore looking for someone that has worked within the industry as a Senior Estimator for at least 5 years and holds trade qualifications representative of an Electrical Estimator.
As an exceptional communicator and a keen eye for detail you will operate with a high degree of autonomy and as such will play an essential part in the long-term development of the business.
The role will evolve as the business continues to grow and you will be expected to welcome a culture of continuous improvement and development, both within your role and as part of your personal and professional capacity.
You must be capable of working independently in an exciting, fast-paced setting requiring initiative, strong organization, flexibility, and the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and prioritize accordingly.
The business recognises those individuals displaying the high potential characteristics we consider essential to ensure alignment with our team’s core attributes and long term goals.
Drive: The need for achievement and constant self-improvement.
Resilience: A positive attitude and the ability to persevere in the face of challenges and bounce back from setbacks
Adaptability: The ability to adjust according to the situation, learn new things, innovate, and try new methods.
Humility: Self confidence in your own ability, whilst understanding there is always room for improvement and that experiences and knowledge of others are valuable.
Integrity: An adherence to not only what is legal and professionally correct, but also what is right.
Effective Intelligence: The ability to apply one’s knowledge to real world scenario’s
Team Ability: The ability to function as part of a team, placing the success of the whole above the needs of the self.
Curiosity: A desire to explore the unknown and question the status quo in pursuit of better and more effective solutions.
• Company vehicle
• Company pension
• Flexible schedule
• On-site parking
• Work from home
• Increased holiday – Linked to length of service
1. The candidate will take responsibility for all electrical related estimation works.
2. Responsible for gathering data required in preparing lump sum, unit rate and cost-plus detailed estimates.
3. Winning and tendering desired projects, achieving discounts with suppliers and sub-contractors.
4. Manage enquiries and work closely with supply chain at tender stage to ensure correct and competitive prime costs.
5. Manage bid documentation as may be required to clear up any ambiguities, errors, and omissions in tender prior to tender closing.
6. Prepare tender adjudication pack ready for sign off with Managing Director.
7. Estimating, cost analysis and estimate co-ordination.
8. Review of and development of discipline and multi-discipline material take-offs.
9. Creating a fully detailed tender based on a performance specification and services drawings.
10. Oversee the completion and submission of PQQ Applications as the business develops and grows.
• Experience within the Construction Industry in regard to Electrical Systems, Infrastructure and fit out is a necessity.
• At least 5 years of solid electrical estimating experience
• Experience in HV networks and infrastructure is preferred.
• Advanced working knowledge of standard Office Software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
• Experience in the use of Estimating software is preferred.
• Being able to build relationships with both the office support team and all of the project teams on site
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Being approachable
• Able to use own initiative
• Excellent organisational skills
• Enjoys problem solving
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Good influencing skills
• Effective use of time
• Attention to detail
This is a full-time position for a Senior Electrical Estimator to join a dynamic and growing business. There is also the possibility of further progression within the company for the right candidate.
Education and Qualifications:
• Suitable trade qualifications representative of an electrical estimator.
• English and Math’s GCSE, grade C or equivalent is essential.
All of our staff are socially distanced, we operate a one way entry and exit system, hand sanitizers are available at entrances/exits, we practice daily anti-bacterial wipe down of surfaces minimum twice daily. Free weekly Covid test for all staff.
• Remote interview process
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitization, disinfection, and cleaning procedures in place